In November 2017, Alliant Energy and the Ames Economic Development Commission (AEDC) partnered to develop a new industrial center. Prairie View Industrial Center will provide 730 acres of prime development along Lincoln Way in the heart of Story County. Prairie View will become an industrial hub focused around job creation to spur future economic growth for Ames and Story County.
Prairie View Highlights:
- 730 Acres under option
- Site adjacent to Interstate 35
- Rail service available by Union Pacific Railroad Main Line
- Natural gas available to park with over 4,300 Dth/Day of available capacity served by Alliant Energy
- Electrical service at park exceeds 30 MW of immediately available power by Alliant Energy
- Sewer and water service through the City of Ames will be deployed Fall 2021 with 2.5 MGD available for sewer, and 5.5 available for water
Prairie View News & Updates
- Blog Post, November 6, 2019: Prairie View Industrial Center Becomes a Certified Site - What Does This Mean for Story County?
- Media Release, October 11, 2019: Prairie View Industrial Center becomes Iowa's Second Certified Super Park
- Media Release, November 21, 2017: Alliant Energy and Ames Economic Development Commission partner to create job opportunities in central Iowa